Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#107856 - 30/07/2002 23:05 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: justinlarsen]
eslange
journeyman

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
Yippie it works now ;-)

Feel free to do so (hosting).
I was asking if someone wanted to do it for me since I do not have any webspace to store the download. Then it was mentioned that I could take the forum link as download source.

But I prefer a separate place, so if you want to host it I would be (and others) very happy!

With regards,

Eize Slange
(Empeg, Mk2A, Blue,20+40GB playing in 206XS around Utrecht, NL)

#107857 - 30/07/2002 23:12 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: justinlarsen]
eslange
journeyman

A comment about the two-column mode: that a future something because I have to do it as a post-processing action. Initial setting to two-column and than add the stuff didn't work.

About that run-time error: any idea where this comes from? My catalogue is around 120 pages in size, so that shouldn't be the problem.

The macro runs fine on Office 97+2000 running on NT4 or Win2k. But the problem with basic is that some errors are realy hard to find. Maybe you can send me a zipped version of you CSV-file, so I can check if I can reproduce the error. If you are a programmer yourself I maybe give you the password to unprotect the macro (which you can actually crack using one of that many tools).

Cheers,
Eize Slange
([email protected])

#107858 - 30/07/2002 23:16 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: Micman2b]
eslange
journeyman

Hello MicMan,

Office 2000 should be the problem since I;ve tested it on it on a Win2k machine. Mentioned error sounds as a realy rocky horror show. I've also tested it on a NT4-machine running Office97.

The CSV-file can be stored on any place on your harddisk. Is that what you mean? You just select the file by browsing to it (pressing that button on the right).

Keep it touch. Maybe its a simple thing I can fix quite fast.

Cheers,

Eize Slange

#107859 - 30/07/2002 23:21 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: jbauer]
eslange
journeyman

I'm not sure, because some of you are using Office XP. It can possible be one of next issues:
- Macro security settings (lower the security)
- Excel is not installed, so it cannot find the excel object

Keep me informed, possible provide me extra information so I can check if it is a bug in the maco. VBA.... I looks so simple bug you get sometimes realy strange errors. Unfortunately I do not have Office XP installed yet (I have access to Office 97/2000 on NT4/Win2k/XP machines).

Keep me in touch,

Eize Slange

#107860 - 30/07/2002 23:23 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: Waterman981]
eslange
journeyman

Lower your macro security. This should fix that part. In any case: if something was already opened, close everything before retrying.

Cheers,
Eize Slange

#107861 - 30/07/2002 23:27 Re: New utility> Catalogue creation macro for MS-Word [Re: AndrewT]
eslange
journeyman

What version are you using?
I've just submitted 1.02 beta 2, because of a BIG annoying bug (check the threads). The previous macro did not have a version line in the window caption. About Excel not visible: that correct, since I open only the object and do not tell it to become visible. In next version you can checkmark this for e.g. debugging.

Cheers,
EiSl

#107862 - 30/07/2002 23:35 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: Neutrino]
eslange
journeyman

Ah... now we coming at wish-list stuff

What you are asking is actually peanuts to do. PINs were useless for me at the moment of writing. About your sorting question: do you mean to sort first on Artist next on album then title for the same contents? Sounds a bit strange layout for me, but your wish my command

You are free to make (and collect) a list of wishes for this maco. Next week I'm on holiday (driving through Europe) so I'm not able to work on it. It was for my holiday I mado a ugly macro myself, figuring out it could be very usefull for others too. Then I started over again with a GUI interface. Till my holiday I'm trying to make bugfixes. New features are for after the holiday.

With regards,
Eize Slange

#107863 - 30/07/2002 23:38 Re: New utility> Do not downl until further notice [Re: AndrewT]
eslange
journeyman

I think that would indeed an good thing to do before I'm on holiday. I will try to include the 'on error' stuff. Watch for coming releases. Empty artist name ?!?! how you fill in your tag's?

Cheers,
Eize

#107864 - 30/07/2002 23:39 Re: New utility> Catalogue creation macro for MS-Word [Re: eslange]
jbauer
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Hm. Well, I tried everything to get it working with Office XP. Security settings don't seem to help, nor does opening/closing Excel at different times...

If anyone is able to figure something out, of course, please post it here...

- Thanx
- Jon

#107865 - 31/07/2002 00:09 Re: New utility> Catalogue creation macro for MS-Word [Re: jbauer]
crazymelki
enthusiast

Loc: Switzerland
Try this: After changing the security setting, close WinWord, start it again and then execute the macro with ALT-F8!

bye

#107866 - 31/07/2002 00:15 Re: New utility> Catalogue creation macro for MS-Word [Re: crazymelki]
jbauer
veteran

Yup. Tried that a few times. I still am getting an error that says "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine". I clock on ok, and then the script executes. I can see the catalogue generator dialog box, but cannot put anything in the "Empeg music DB: area. If I click browse, I get a compile error, and the program stops executing...

- Jon

#107867 - 31/07/2002 00:58 Re: New utility> Catalogue creation macro for MS-Word [Re: jbauer]
eslange
journeyman

About "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine": do you have Excel installed?

Can you also give me the error message (maybe screen-shot) of the compile error when you press the 'Browse' button to select the CSV-file?
Extra info: the line where the path is displayed is marked 'not editable' since I want to prevent miss-typed path+filenames so forcing the use of the browse button.
It is also possible that the object/compiler error pop-up because you mising some OCX'en (runtime libraries for VB).

Editted
I've just checked the code. The object-error you get is because the fact that you missing some files on your machine (or are invalid for this macro). Since you've also problems with the browse-button, I think it has to do with the Common Dialog control (comdlg32.ocx), which includes the file-open dialog. The browse-button launches this object and that's where you get the compile error.
Can you check what version of comdlg32.ocx you have? It can be found in the windows directory.

Good luck and I'm awaiting your input,

Eize

Edited by eslange (31/07/2002 01:06)

#107868 - 31/07/2002 07:39 Re: New utility> Catalogue creation macro for MS-Word [Re: eslange]
jbauer
veteran

Hm. I don't have that file at all on my PC... How do I get the run time VB stuff? Can I download that from Msft?

- Jon

#107869 - 31/07/2002 07:52 Re: New utility> Catalogue creation macro for MS-Word [Re: jbauer]
crazymelki
enthusiast

Loc: Switzerland

#107870 - 31/07/2002 08:05 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: eslange]
Neutrino
addict

Loc: The Great Pacific NorthWest
I would like to see it with the Table of Contents pretty much as it is now, a alphabetical listing of Artists. The difference would be that instead of just listing all of the songs by the Artist, they would be listed under the Artist heading by Album. I think this would make it much easier to know where to go on the Empeg in order to find a specific song. Heres an example of what I mean:

Pink Floyd

__Animals

____Pigs on the Wing (Part 1)
____Dogs
____Pigs
____Sheep
____Pigs on the Wing (Part 2)

__Wish You Were Here

____Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Part 1-5)
____Welcome to the Machine
____Have a Cigar
____Wish You Were Here
____Shine on You Crazy Diamond (Part 6 - 9)

Scopions

__Big City Nights

____Big City Nights
____Animal Magnetism
____Send Me an Angel
____Rock You Like a Hurricane

And so on and so forth

The underscore was added just as a place holder as a space at the front of a line is lost with this editor.

This way you know which album the song is on and by which Artist.

Thanks Again for you efforts.

#107871 - 31/07/2002 09:17 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: eslange]
Micman2b
addict

Loc: Central, NC, USA
Ok,
When I set the Macro to Step Into instead of Run, I get the same error as before then the following error:

Microsoft Visual Basic
Compile error in hidden module : CatalogueGeneration

I am having no luck at this...

80gb MK2a empeg spare

#107872 - 31/07/2002 23:52 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: Neutrino]
eslange
journeyman

OK its noted.

BTW> When I tagged all my mp3's I have added the artist name in front of the album name (like: "Dire Straits - Live on BBC"), so I can copy-past everything in one move from the albums view to a playlist.

How you cope with (or how do you this macro copes with)albums that contain a collection (lets say a: "Top Hits of 2002" with different artists?
For songs that do not have an album tag (but do have artist tag), I will put them under artist - <no album> - 'the songs'. Agree?

I think it's quite simple to do, so I will make some choice possibilities in the layout to use when I'm back from holiday.

With regards,

Eize

#107873 - 01/08/2002 00:00 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: Micman2b]
eslange
journeyman

Really weird...
I still think this is something regarding missing or corrupted files/components, mention to earlier error "System Error &H8000FFFF (- 2147418113).Catastrophic failure"

Can you e-mail me directly to "eslange@bigfoot"? Then I will provide you the password so you can really step into the code and check where it goes wrong.
I suggest you try this document/macro also on another machine (just zip the CSV-file... it's plain text so the size decrease significant). As from wednesday I'm on holiday, so be fast

Good luck & I'm awaiting your mail,

Eize

#107874 - 01/08/2002 02:48 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: eslange]
justinlarsen
old hand

Loc: Petaluma, CA
ok cool i got it working 100% on XP, i look thru my database i had one song that got messed up in the tagging and had the #name? in there. so now becuase of my nature is request time.

1. Anyway to make it just do Artist - Album for the table of contents insted of 2 section?

2. When Listed can you make it do Track Number - Artist - Song Title.

3. Maybe add to the left or right to the album title a spot to place an image of the album name, that will otherwise not be visable if nothing it put there.

thats about it for now, look forward to a .doc file to clear up the formatting im looking for, maybe if you can release the password to the forum some other people can take a stap at solving errors, and add features to it. Thanks for a great creation.

Ps. my catalog is 237 Pages, and i still need to add more music to my player

#107875 - 01/08/2002 03:53 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: justinlarsen]
eslange
journeyman

Ough... with that many pages you realy might prefer two-column usage. How much time did processing take? And more to come... oh man... how many gig HDD your Empeg have?
In the future you can expect next question: "What does that bible do in your car?" "Bible? No.. it's my music catalogue"

Question:
I do not understand your first comment (1. Anyway...section?)

The second comment: are you still talking about the table of contents stuff? You know that the TOC is generated automatically based on the formatting style of the text, so requirements in TOC are immediate vissible in the text.

About the spot for image... You might want rebuild the catalogue after adding new songs. How you cope than with the images? Just keep the initial document, re-build a new one and then copy-past from the new document into the existing one?
Another problem is that such a spot makes two-column usage more dificult to fit (results into huuuuge doc).

Thanks for input and I'm glad it worked for you. I've also submitted this version to www.RioCar.org.

#107876 - 01/08/2002 16:04 Re: New version (1.02 beta2) [Re: justinlarsen]
jbauer
veteran

How did you get it to work with XP?

- Jon

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2